Wednesday 26 September 2012

London Fashion Week SS13 Round Up

Although to most people the word September instantly brings to mind dark afternoons, umbrellas and hair-ruining winds, to me it can only ever mean one glorious thing - Fashion Week! As last season I got the chance to work backstage at a London catwalk show, I was so sure that this season I'd be able to do the same, swan in and snap up a backstage job just as easily - how wrong I was. But despite not being lucky enough to be a part of the fashion action this time, there is no better way to spend a lazy Sunday morning than by oohing and ahhing over countless runway photos. Although I must say that this time round London didn't wow me quite like it did back in February, however this just meant that the crackers really shone through!

#1

//ASHISH//


Source

If you are not properly acquainted with Ashish Gupta's work yet, there is only one thing you really need to know - the man loves sequins. For this season he took a spin on what to me is the very tired trend of 'geek chic'. At first I sighed, but then I watched the show and I ate my words. When I thought no more could be done with this trend, Ashish proved me wrong with his signature slogan sweatshirts, denim dungarees of mixed washes styled askew and slouchy one-sleeved evening dresses, all with a heavy dousing of sequins, naturally. And the styling was perfect - mismatching ankle socks, oh-so-uncool reeboks and the return of the scrunchie.

#2

//FELDER FELDER//


Source

In the past, this twin-designed brand has been full of a youthful rock'n'roll vibe, but this season showed that they can design for the more sophisticated woman too. Sure the leather jacket was still there, but chiffon billowed from underneath it in pastel shades of yellow and pink. And although I wasn't as keen on the sporadic splashings of leopard print, that can always be overlooked when a slouchy butter yellow blazer is thrown on top.

#3

//HOUSE OF HOLLAND//


Source





















Henry Holland has long been a favourite of mine, forever designing for the London girl. At the moment I'm a sucker for the 90's grunge trend and Holland answered my prayers by perfecting it in his SS13 collection. An eclectic mixture of prints: from the typical 90's check and charity shop-esque florals to a rainbow of tie dyed pieces filled the runway, all topped off with a jewel encrusted beanie hat, no less.

#4

//KINDER AGGUGINI//


Source





















Aggugini was actually a designer I had never heard of until that Sunday morning I spent browsing through the shows, but he originally caught my eye for the patterned dungarees. I love a good pair of dungarees. Also in the collection were button down shirts and pinafore dresses that made me very reminiscent of my childhood. Saturating most of the garments were minute detailings of nautical imagery inspired by Hemmingway and trips to Cuba - these too made me reminiscent, but of the time I tried to learn to sail. As a whole I fell in love with the collection, perhaps discounting the evening dresses bearing octopus tentacles though.

Next post will be my review of the stand out collections from New York Fashion Week.

//Keep smiling x//

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments make me smile :) And I guarantee that I will always check out the blogs of people who comment/follow