Tuesday 9 October 2012

New York Fashion Week SS13 Round Up

I've always been one to get sucked into the excitement of London Fashion Week, but this season I found myself really getting stuck into the New York shows as well. Seeing as it's always the first fashion week of the season New York was actually quite a few weeks ago now, but I still think that a little round up of my favourite shows is in order.

#1

//THEYSKENS' THEORY//


Source

Recently I've found myself very drawn to soft feminine tailoring, and New York is always sure to have a lot of that on offer. I loved the pared back slouchy feel of this collection - very cool, relaxed and completely wearable. With a predominantly monochrome colour palette infused with inky navy, icy blue and sandy hues, at first the 'natural elements' was brought to the forefront of my mind, which would make sense as the inspiration behind the collection was the deep sea.

#2

//MARC JACOBS//

Source

There was something of a nod to the sixties in many of the SS13 catwalks - in fact it was more of a head bang than a nod. It's come up as a theme ample times this season and Marc Jacobs followed suit when it came to the era of mods, The Beatles and free spirits. That aside though, his designs were completely contemporary. Models shot down the runway in an abundance of varying stripes that could only remind me of tv static. And bar codes. Combine this with adorable Mickey Mouse motifs and high crop tops paired with low-slung, hip-baring skirts and you've got yourself the sixties all bottled up into one five minute catwalk.

#3

//ELIZABETH AND JAMES//

Source

Elizabeth and James is Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen's sister line of clothing to their main line, The Row. Inspired by travels around the world, laid back tailoring and beautiful draping are all in hues of terracotta and sherbet pink, making this collection of gorgeous playsuits, jumpsuits and separates bring back memories of summer holidays I wish I was back in.

//Keep smiling x//

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments make me smile :) And I guarantee that I will always check out the blogs of people who comment/follow