Tuesday 3 July 2012

Rumble in Brighton: A photo diary of...

If Brighton had a blazing sun in the sky and a sandy beach, it would truly have the whole package. This weekend just gone that my friend's and I spent down there was perfect, and luckily enough the rain managed to hold off too! Being fashion students, and also crazy shopaholics, we spent the majority of our time looking round all the shops that Brighton - and even Hove! (we got very lost) - have to offer, from high street to charity shops, boutiques to street markets, we made sure that we paid a good visit to them all. Our nights consisted of a Kate Nash gig at The Haunt on Thursday which was like a bucket list item being ticked off for all of us (slight fan-girls). Friday night we went to an American themed diner on the seafront which was such a laugh, cheesy chips and extreme amounts of Oreo milkshake were had by all. To top off the night we took a trip down to the pier where we wasted away a few pennies in the arcade and took a very eerie walk around the desolate funfair - very creepy indeed!

I could bang on about how much I loved this part of the world so much more because it's just such a beautifully diverse place - photo opportunities around every corner! - and because we went before the school's break up we got to see the town quite peacefully, despite the hordes of stag and hen parties sprawled across the town come Saturday night. They were good to have a laugh at though. 

View of the square from our balcony, if you looked in the other direction you could see the sea but annoyingly some council cretins decided to start building works right in our view so it didn't make for a very nice picture.


My beautiful friends, Anya and Karolina. Dipping their toes in the waves.

Yep, we went for it, shorts came off and we went in to the freezing British waters, right up to our necks in the end.

Friday night - Kate Nash performing with her two support acts, Shuga and John Jackson, before her main set.

The incredible and gorgeous lady herself,  Kate Nash gave an amazing performance. She's got such a kind heart too as she invited a couple to come up and sit on the stage whilst she sang! <3

Fat seagull made us all jump out of our skin when he came to say hi on our balcony!

A very curious shop, indeed. The Lanes.

My favourite shop in The Lanes, filled with ornate silverware and beanbags which we took full advantage of, of course! I forgot to catch the name of this shop though, bad blogger...



I'd never heard of this building before, but Anya insisted to us that it was what Brighton was most famous for!

Sipping cider on the beach at midnight. Thought seeing as we weren't allowed to take our drink on the pier itself we would do the next best thing and sit next to it.


If you're wondering where all the obligatory outfit posts are, don't worry they will be on the way in another post very soon. Three consecutive posts about my Brighton antics is probably slightly excessive and will bore you to death, but I am trying my hardest to keep this post from having 30+ photos in it!

Keep smiling x 

Ps. As you've probably noticed I've done a little redecorating on the blog as well, I just thought it needed jazzing up a bit so I threw together a few photos that were knocking around on my laptop, any thoughts on the new look?

Pps. Saying that I 'threw together a few photos' makes me sound very nonchalant and that it took me a matter of minutes, frustratingly it did not and I spent the whole morning tucked up in bed doing it!

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant post!!! :-) Said it before but great blog. Keeps me coming back for more! :-)

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you enjoy reading it all :) x

      Delete
  2. Omg I love Kate Nash! These photos look amazing. xx

    loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing, love her as a person and a singer. And thank you so much xx

      Delete
  3. seems like such a wonderful experience! i love Kate Nash she has extraordinary taste in music.



    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does, and her new stuff is quite different to her old stuff but it still works amazingly! x

      Delete
  4. Ohh I love Brighton and I really like your pictures =)

    Greetings from Germany

    www.nicole-enchantee.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a really good time! I always think swimming in the sea in Britain is so much fun because it gives you such a kick haha! Your photos are all beautiful too! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it really does, it's got to be done! And thank you :) x

      Delete
  6. It looks like you had a blast! Really enjoyed looking through your photos.

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile :) And I guarantee that I will always check out the blogs of people who comment/follow