Thursday 19 July 2012

Topshop Unique AW12 drop

To me it always feels too early to start seeing heavy coats and wooly jumpers back on the shelves again, but this year the high street has been rolling the autumn/winter stock out particularly early due to the miraculous disappearance of our UK summer, and let's face it, jumpers and cardigans can sell for way more than strappy camisoles can. So today Topshop dropped their autumn/winter Unique collection which I have been desperately anticipating since watching the show online back in February - yes, sadly I am one of those people who spends the majority of every London Fashion Week glued to my laptop, live streaming all the shows. 

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208522&parent_categoryId=459528&beginIndex=1&pageSize=20

What's amazing is that between this morning when the collection went live on the website and when I went to screengrab a few pictures for this post this afternoon, half the clothes I had 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over hours before had already sold out and disappeared from the site! It's priced extortionately high yet it is still flying off the virtual shelf! Who is buying it all?!

Here's how Topshop sum up the collection: 
For AW12 the Topshop girl has grown up. But leave all notions of prim at the door, because this is grown-up dressing like you've never seen it before! Our in-house design team started their journey months ago, taking inspiration from uniform in all its guises. So military came to the fore, but also urban uniform dressing, like peaked caps, exposed zips and boots made for stomping. They dreamt the collection up as a stream of pieces to be seen on the runway and worn on the street.
As I mentioned in my previous post, funds for summer are running worryingly low so I guess for now I will stick to gazing at the £295 jumper from afar. Sob.

Oh and I almost forgot! I have some pretty exciting news, I recently became a contributing fashion writer for shakeupthesky.com, so from now on I may occasionally be subtly urging you to check out what I've been writing over there, too! Or if you follow me on twitter @Georgia_NGreen you can get instant updates on when my articles go up.

Keep smiling x


2 comments:

  1. Good old Topshop, I love the t-shirt and jumper. Congrats on becoming contributing fashion writer - awesome, well done you :D
    Enjoy your weekend.

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile :) And I guarantee that I will always check out the blogs of people who comment/follow